The definition of prostitution is the engaging, offering to engage, or agreeing to sexual contact for money or another form of payment. Prostitution has a close link to pandering, solicitation and loitering with the intent to sex traffic. Some of the charges include:
- Engaging in sexual activity for a fee
- Loitering in a public place with the intent to solicit
- Receiving money that is the result of prostitution or the promotion of prostitution of an individual of any age
- Soliciting or inducing an individual to perform prostitution
- Prostituting in a park or school zone
- Pimping of an individual, which is the promotion of prostitution
A conviction can be serious business and it is something that is not to be taken lightly. The charge itself will dictate the severity of the penalty, but just a charge may appear on a criminal record limiting future opportunities.